My brother was just here and was talking about his last visit to his doctor.
 My brother is 58 years old and his doctor said "you should get the vaccine
against shingles.  Everyone over 50 should get this as this is when shingles
usually shows up."  When my brother told him he didn't want the shot the
doctor told him "but you've had chicken pox and therefore you have the virus
  My brother told him he never had chicken pox and he refused the vaccine.

I was appalled that they have a vaccine for this and are trying to push it
onto people.  Yes, shingles can be very painful, but there are natural ways
to control it.  They usually come out only when a person is stressed in some
way.  My father use to get them but he applied vit. E and they would dry up
and leave in 3 or 4 days.

Being a virus I would think there would be better ways to kill it--as in the
electricity, or perhaps even taking MMS to kill the virus itself.

I certainly wouldn't get a vaccine!

Samala,
Renee