Inquire with the vet if an enzyme was given how would it accelerate the
problem (and minus the enzyme inhibitor).  After all, the body is filled
with enzymes and as we age, body deteriorate and/or eat less fresh
foods there are less enzymes so why would you want to use an enzyme
inhibitor?  Enzyme inhibitors are present in seeds, this is why we are told
to soak them before eating.

Wishing the pet well.

Sharlene