Arm and hammer baking SODA does have aluminum, Bobs red mill baking soda does not. just because it doesn't say so doesn't mean it doesn't. Jean is correct. Blessings Karen Conrad

----- Original Message ----- From: "sol" <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2009 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Armpit fungus

Hello Jean,
I believe you are confusing baking soda with baking powder. Most baking powders are a mix of ingredients including baking soda, and many do have aluminum, but baking SODA is just baking soda, i.e. sodium bicarbonate (sometimes called bicarbonate of soda) and it has no aluminum.

FWIW, my crystal deodorant stone does contain aluminum but it doesn't bother me at all. (the form of aluminum in commercial anti-perspirants is the one that penetrates the skin and is bad).
sol

Jean Baugh wrote:
Hi Sol,

I understand there is ONE baking soda brand that is aluminum free but it
isn't Arm & Hammer. Perhaps it is the aluminum in the baking soda causing
the rash?