There is an EC meter on E Bay for $17.90 plus shipping.
Is it any good.
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Metz [mailto:josephm...@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:10 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Homemade CS

>   For $75 or less, you can get an EC [electrical conductivity] meter
> that's far better than a TDS meter which will show all zeros even
> though the water is significantly impure. at .99 uS  [IF...
> the TDS meter is reading right in that end of the 2000 PPM scale]
>
> Ode

Hi Ode,

I would like to measure ppm but I am confused already.

You just said a ec measures better than a TDS. A question on grammar, it
is the TDS meter "which will show all zeros even though the water is
significantly impure"? & the EC which is ".99 uS "?  ".99 uS "
means on cent less that $1 US?

Is an EC the same as my continuity tester? If it is, I will pull mine
out & check the units. Because, believe it or not, I'm an electrician.
Thanks Ode