The www.vitamindcouncil.com site has info--on the left side home page menu
just click on Toxicity and you will find a lot of info.  This information was
what largely convinced me that the jury was in on Vit. D 3.   Also, in doing a
search on "stoss therapy"  I was further convinced.  This is an excerpt from
one site:       "In 1994, Dr. Rehman gave 60,000 units of vitamin D a week to
27 children (ages 3-12) with frequent childhood infections and compared them to
controls. The children also had elevated alkaline phosphatase, which usually
indicates vitamin D deficiency. He gave the kids vitamin D for six weeks along
with calcium. Within a few weeks, ‘infections were fully controlled and no
recurrences were reported for six months.’ The kids just stopped getting sick!
… 9,000 units a day of vitamin D for six weeks should bring most
vitamin-D-deficient children to 50 ng/ml, probably higher."        So many
benefits with so few risks for most.   pj