Dear Dee,
We have not conducted any direct evaluations of possible antagonistic effects between Vitamin C and derivatives (including sodium ascorbate) and Iodine. Therefore I am unable to offer useful commentary based upon direct experience. However, I am informed that Iodine IS antagonistic to a range of antioxidants......but , but less pronounced if SEPARATED IN TIME from the antagonists. This relationship may, in fact, offer an explanation as why your separation between the Vitamin C and Iodine fractions improved your favorable response. I cannot verify this observation, others seem to have achieved similar advantage in employing the technique. I include a url from a researcher (with whom I have some familiarity) who announces he has achieved satisfactory response by using this technique. You will note that near the bottom of the paragraph listing the desired ingredients for addressing certain presentations.....he , specifically, states the desirability of installing this separation modality. My apology for being unable to supply you more useful information. I will, in the near future, attempt to secure more expansive data on this subject. It does merit a more detailed investigation.
                              Sincerely,  Brooks.

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/birdflu.html