Then why are they saying to put it in food? Doesn't it have to be food grade to be able to put it in food? Also why does their web site say:

Our company, *Perma-Guard, Inc.* is the original and largest supplier of fresh-water food-grade diatomaceous earth products in the world.
http://www.perma-guard.com/

Marshall

Donna wrote:
That is not food grade!
Donna ACS

The DE I have is Perma-Guard brand, which is labeled as an insecticide for grain or seed storage.

Marshall

Garnet wrote:
White Food Grade

Melly Bag wrote:
Garnet
Thanks. Was your DE white (from shell) or brown (earth). Melly