[Marshall Dudley] I think that is a little extreme.

[zoe w] As I said, it  throws up RED FLAGS  for me. . . . If one is disposed
to eating out one is going to be exposed to all manner  of  stuff  one does
not want in ones system.  Especially if its Fast Food.

Take my pill  and you can eat whatever you want, you don't have to change
anything. This is the classic  Quick Fix that is a trap that  Americans at
least have fallen into over the years. I meant no offense, was just stating
my opinion since someone asked.

Marshall,

Zoe's position might be a "little extreme" for YOU, but it's not extreme for
HER. I think it's possible to state one's position without labeling other
people or making them "wrong."

I agree that carb blockers can be useful for some people. If you're on the
road and all you have access to food-wise is crap, carb (or fat) blockers
might be a good idea.

However, for me, I wouldn't want to use them, primarily because they block
enzymatic action. We need all the enzymes we can get-in fact, people with
impaired digestion or any type of pain require MORE enzymes in their bodies.

So to block the beneficial activity of the enzymes we do have, seems
counterproductive in the long run.

Another issue here is research showing that the mere TASTE of food
stimulates the release of various hormones in the body. Some of these
hormones are related to satiety. (For instance, people drinking diet sodas
containing aspartame get fatter than people who drink sodas that contain
"just" sugar.) My position is, most ingredients that change the body's
normal responses are not optimally beneficial in the long run. I discuss the
relationship of taste to hormonal effects in some detail in my new Rife
Handbook (see tagline).

Besides, there is the reality that food (as with everything else) has an
energy level or frequency. Muscle testing shows that even being near
something negative can lower one's energy field if one isn't strong. So
imagine what would happen if I put junk food into my body? Maybe the stuff
would pass out of my system, but what is it doing to me energetically?

Fortunately, there IS something that a colleague of mine has been
successfully using:

1/4 cup glucomannan

1/2 cup psyllium

1/2 cup raw chia seeds

Mix together well. The put 1 teaspoon of mixture into a cup of water, stir,
and drink.

According to this woman, one study had people taking it 2 hours before each
meal, and the participants all lost weight, mainly because they ate less at
the meals. (With rats, it was added to their food.)

Glucomannan (from the Konjac plant), is used in the Orient to make noodles.
They have virtually no carbs, and assume the flavor of whatever they are
cooked with. http://www.konjacfoods.com/

The combination of glucomannan with the psyllium and chia seeds (the chia
has to be raw) seems to regulate the bowel again. It slows (NOT blocks) the
passage of sweet and starchy carbs through the digestive tract, which helps
reduce blood sugar spikes. And, the glucomannan appears to stick to Candida
(a good thing) and escort it out of the digestive tract.

I am going to order these ingredients and try them-not so I can pig out on
crap, but to help normalize my digestive tract.

Best,

Nenah

Nenah Sylver, PhD

author: The Rife Handbook of Frequency Therapy (2009),

now available in HARDCOVER

& The Holistic Handbook of Sauna Therapy

www.nenahsylver.com <http://www.nenahsylver.com/>