    *From:* Melly Bag <mailto:tita_...@yahoo.com>
    *To:* silver-list@eskimo.com <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>
    *Sent:* Monday, September 28, 2009 12:12 PM
    *Subject:* Re: CS>E.I.S. and DMSO 60/40

    Oh, my, i got a "roll-on" dmso which i applied directly on my skin.
    Melly
    --- On *Mon, 9/28/09, Ode Coyote /<odecoy...@windstream.net

        From: Ode Coyote <odecoy...@windstream.net
        <mailto:odecoy...@windstream.net>>
        To: silver-list@eskimo.com <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>
        Date: Monday, September 28, 2009, 4:51 AM

          DMSO is exothermic with water, which is why it shouldn't be
        put on the skin or consumed before diluting it.
        Most pure acids and bases do that as well.
        Mixing Lye crystals with water can get REAL hot, some acids,
        explosively so.

        Ode

        At 03:29 PM 9/27/2009 -0500, you wrote:
         > I have just completed setting up a little 4oz. "Spritzer"
        bottle with about 2 1/2 ounces of E.I.S. ~15PPM  and about 1 1/2
        ounces of 99% DMSO.

         > When I added the DMSO, the mixture immediately got hot!  Not
        boiling, but probably somewhere around 140 degrees F.

         > Should that happen?  There is a warning on the DMSO bottle
        about adding DMSO to acid chlorides sometimes reacting
        explosively, but the E.I.S. should be nothing but double
        distilled water and silver.

        --
        The Silver List is a moderated forum for discussing Colloidal
        Silver.