Right now I dilute it to 0.1% and take two drops in the morning and two
drops in the evening. That dosage is derived from a study done by
researchers at Children's Hospital & Research Center Oakland.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080818101335.htm
And from other sources.

A company is trying to patent methylene blue as an Alzheimer's drug and
their testing uses much larger doses, 65 mg three times daily.
http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/2008/07/31/rember_for_alzheimers_me
thylene_blues_comeback.php

I don't know of anyone trying to treat Alzheimer's with the lower dosage
but it may work and should at least act as a preventative. If you read
the comments to the Rember link I provided, commenter 44 says:
"44.
<http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/2008/07/31/rember_for_alzheimers_m
ethylene_blues_comeback.php#365364> jtwiz7 <http://jtw...@peoplepc.com/>
on August 31, 2008 7:40 AM writes...

After Dorothy and Denise's comments, I discussed it with wife and after
ten days,there's a new person in our house."

I am corresponding with him currently. His wife has Alzheimer's and the
MB is helping her greatly. She was using 150 mg twice a day and has
changed to 65 mg thrice daily.

There are two leading candidates as the cause for Alzenheimer's. One is
called the TNF-alpha (amyloid accumulation) and the second is referred
to as the tau protein. MB act on the tau protein. Another alternative
that acts on the tau protein and shows promise is cinnamon:
http://techtransfer.universityofcalifornia.edu/NCD/10309.html

You can use either or both. I lean towards using both.

>From Patricia's Protocol at:
http://www.perpetualcommotion.com/a/Patricias_Protocol.html

"Cinnamon <http://www.perpetualcommotion.com/a/Notes.htm#Cinnamon> :
1000mg three times per day, for the first 6 weeks, then  twice per day
thereafter for maintenance.  Cinnamon in capsules form prevents the
degradation of the cinnamon by saliva. If the person can't swallow
capsules, it may be possible to substitute 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon in
food for the 1000mg capsules.  However, degradation of the cinnamon by
saliva may  make this method less effective. 1/2 cup of "cinnamon tea
<http://www.perpetualcommotion.com/a/Cinnamon_Tea.html> " two or three
times per day could also be considered.Target:  Inhibition of tau
protein aggregations, disassemble aggregations that have already formed;
improve glucose metabolism; lower blood cholesterol levels.  May also
inhibit H.pylori
<http://www.perpetualcommotion.com/a/Notes.htm#Helicobacter_pylori>
infection."

To attack amyloid accumulation, you can take curcumin:
http://www.jbc.org/content/280/7/5892.full

Bioavailability is a problem with curcumin but there are some products
out there that give improved bioavailability.

I realize this is a little sketchy but it is a work in progress right
now. While I am interested in prevention personally, I am also looking
towards reversing age related memory loss for my 90 year old mother.

 - Steve N