Did you put something in series to keep a lid on the current? Like a resistor, or a potentiometer? I went to the local surplus store and bought a potentiometer for 75 cents. It is a 75 ohm, and has a twist knob handle to raise and lower the resistance. I just hooked it up with wires in series with the batteries and the silver wires, then adjusted it, reading the multimeter to see where to set it. I had to let it run for awhile, since there is no current to speak of when it first starts off. Just getting a resistor will do it too, but I can't remember what the right size would be. The ideal current is below one amp with my wires. But since your have much more silver, you need to know the surface area of the silver to determine the best current limit for your set up.

Kathryn

On Oct 7, 2009, at 6:01 AM, Thora Rasmusen (Home) wrote:

You speak about current controlled. I have a homemade 3 x 9 volt EIS maker with 2 Canadian Silver dollars. Is that a controlled current?

Thora

From: Clayton Family [mailto:clay...@skypoint.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:21 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>difference of opinions

Of course, those who are selling colloidal silver are trying to make some money at it, which is fine, but in doing so they are mistakenly criticizing those who make it at home. Properly made, electrically isolated silver water, will beat store bought any time in my opinion, because it is fresher, and I have found that even well made silver that sits on the shelf needs shaking or something. There are a few brands I still buy and use when necessary, and they work fine, but it costs much more than what I make.

Whether or not one's home made silver water is superior to store bought depends entirely on the materials and the process, which determines what we end up with. Using pure water, pure silver, and a current controlled power source will yield ions of silver in solution in the water. You can't get any better than that, in my opinion.

Kathryn