From:   Silverworks (Nancy B.) [SMTP:silverwo...@oikourgos.com]
Sent:   Sunday, August 29, 1999 5:57 AM
To:     Silver-List
Subject:        CS>Beating a dead horse???

 << File: ATT00001.html >> If you look at this citation page,
http://homepages.together.net/~rjstan/rose4.html  from "Rosemary's" site,
you will see that all the references except 2 are based on literature
published 1940 and earlier!!!

>From what I've read of the hx. of CS, these instances are most likely
ground silver in suspension, not electrocolloidal silver like we make
today!

If this is such a serious problem TODAY, why is there no reference to cases
of argyria today SPECIFIC TO Electro-colloidal silver? (There are NONE in
the Fung article - Fung MC, Bowen DL: Silver Products for Medicinal
Indications: Risk - Benefit Assessment Clinical Toxicology, 34(l),
119-126(1996) despite how the abstracts would lead you to believe of it's
dangers. This is the article I've read in full that helped me decide to
"take the risk."

The other "modern day" article is dated 1975. (Goodman LS, Gihnan A: The
Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 5th edition. New York: MacMillan,
1975:930-931, 999-1000.)

Now think about it... what kind of silver product would have been used
widely from 1940-1975? My guess is prescription silver salts, not colloidal
silver! But from the title, it sounds like this article would focus on the
uses for silver. It'd probably be a good one for showing people there's
scientific evidence that silver is of therapeutic value! I'd like to track
down a copy of that article.

Nancy