This post is in 2 parts. I tried sending as one but it must have been too
large.

Steve.

I can unferstand the amount of information can be overwhealming. Do your best
to evaluate what you read. There is a lot of not so good info out there too.
You will also find a lot of things that can't be true actually are. Since you
mentioned your wife's memory I have included below a copy of an email I sent to
my family on the subject. There are over the counter supplements that may help
her.
Best of fortune,
             Steve N

---------------------

This is kind of an odd email I know but I would like to pass some ideas past
you and get your comments and ideas in response. As you know, I have had a long
term interest in alternative medicines. Almost always it is for myself only and
is either directed towards prevention or for treatment of something I’ve
gotten. Lately, I have been looking into natural substances that might help
prevent Alzheimer’s or dementia. (Primarily as a preventative for myself) I
have found that there are several natural substances that can help prevent
Alzheimer’s and possibly even reverse it to some extent in some individuals. I
think that use of some of these substances could be beneficial for Mom,
especially given that she has turned 90. I remember how Grandma McGrath was at
her 100th birthday and I would hope for better for Mom.The supplements I would
suggest are:

• Vitamin B3 (niacin). The no-flush. –amide type at 1.5 to 3 grams per day.
• Curcumin, a substance found in the spice Turmeric. Fairly low dosage but with
pepperine or DMSO added to increase the bioavailability of the curcumin. I make
my own extracts of curcumin from turmeric and pepperine from household black
pepper.
• Low dose methylene blue. It is used primarily to treat fungus in fish tanks.
For this purpose I suggest 2 drops of 0.1% methylene blue, 2 to 3 times daily.
• Virgin Coconut Oil, 1 – 2 Tbsp daily.

The dosages suggested should be WELL below any toxic levels, unless one is
allergic to one of them. As with any substance, even peanut butter, one should
start slowly and test for reactions before using therapeutic levels. I provide
further information on the supplements below and the scientific studies
relating to their use for Alzheimer’s.The cause of Alzheimer’s is not known for
sure but two types of plaque build-up in the brain are the leading suspects.
One is called the TNF-alpha (or amyloid accumulation) and the second is
referred to as the tau protein accumulation.