Yeah, 6 volts is pretty low.  30 v is common, and I use much higher, like 2000
v to get things going, then cut way back as the EIS becomes more conductive, to
limit the current to a few milliamps.

________________________________
From: "cking...@nycap.rr.com" <cking...@nycap.rr.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Mon, December 7, 2009 11:32:36 PM
Subject: Re: CS>I must be doing something terribly wrong

It'll work, but it'll take a long time.
I'd find a power supply that gives 30 to 40 volts DC.
or hook up 3 or 4 9volt batteries together.

Even then I would expect, with that much water, it would take several
hours.

Try using a mere 8 oz glass of water with your setup.

At 6 volts, I'd still expect several (4 or 5 or more) hours to see
results.

                        Chuck
The Turing Tar pit is where everything is possible but nothing
interesting is easy