Hahaha, the kids always have said I was so gullible.  I need to read more
closely, too.

Pat

________________________________
From: Steve G <chube...@yahoo.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Mon, January 11, 2010 11:16:58 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Darkbulb

Yes indeed.  The big clue was my reference to the article in the  Journal of
Irreproducable Results.    It is a magazine that has been around for years,
mostly as a vehicle for scientists and similar to write totally bogus articles
about one thing or another.   One of my favorites was the theory that numerous
subscriptions to National Geographic magazines that were subsequently stored in
the homes of people in the NorthEastern part of the US was getting to the point
that it was causing that part of North America to start sinking into the ocean.
  Somethnig like 'National Geographic - Doomsday Machine.'

Another article was on the 'Inheritance Pattern of Death' which attempted to
prove that your own likelihood of dying could be predicted by determining
whether your ancestors had died.

Personally, I think it would be wonderful if there were such a thing as a
darkbulb or a reverse microwave.     What would be absolutely wonderful for
someone like me who suffers from CAPD and as a result is constantly being
startled by unexpected sounds, would be a device that would create a 'cone of
silence.'   That would be wonderful.  I'd have that thing turned on whenever I
went shopping for sure, when standing in line at McDonald's or other noisy
places, or when exposed to people with no sense of privacy or taste regarding
the use of their cell phones.

There IS a device which, when turned on, will jam all cell phones within a
certain radius.   I desperately want one.   The bad news is that they are
illegal.  The good news is that I am unlikely to get caught.

Cheers