Thanks Brooks. But I do have one question. Would the larger size of the
liposomes created by a blender reduce absorption through the intestinal wall?
Thanks again,
               Steve

From: Brooks Bradley [mailto:brooks76...@lycos.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:45 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Comment of Possible Interest

An associate of mine called my attention to an item that piqued my
interest....and I thought I might do likewise....for some among the List
Members.
He informed me that Micro-encapsulation utilizing liposome-generation
techniques, is being successfully employed by the cosmetics industry. Most
especially for enhancing the appearance (and apparently the health) of the
hair.
He relates success in delaying/correcting early-onset color loss among a rather
wide age spectrum. He advises that this recent development is not...as
yet...very widespread.
The intriguing element, to me, was that this system seems to employ liposomal
technology (although they do not inform the customer of their "technology").
There is one company, Kronos, by name.....which provides a complete spectrum of
products...although effective....do not appear to be cheap.
My feeling in the matter is that interested (especially the vain ones) list
members might consider making their own products utilizing their ultrasonic
cleaners. The methodology would be the very same procedure used to generate
their liposomal vitamin C. Some, minor, experimentation might be required to
"fine tune" their end product.....but quite useful results should be easily
achieved.
One word of caution might be in order....the use of blenders (even the
high-speed/power units like Vitamix) might not yield particle mass SMALL enough
to pass through the hair follicles. Ultrasonically produced material should do
quite well....as would high-pressure X diffraction grate formed liposomes. We
have not submitted the "blender-generated" materials to the lab for EXTENSIVE
size-measurement, but we did----early on---determine that although
highly-confined X high velocity liposomal vitamin C produced via
Vitamix-quality blenders yielded excellent homogenization and stability. The
actual size of the liposomes formed, appears to a large extent....reliant upon
the shearing "force" of impact or THE ultrasonic energy effect.
These comments are made for general interest only. However, some
enterprising list member involved ion the cosmetics industry....might have more
than just a passing interest.
Sincerely, Brooks Bradley. -- The Silver List is a moderated forum for
discussing Colloidal Silver. Instructions for unsubscribing are posted at:
http://silverlist.org To post, address your message to: silver-list@eskimo.com
Address Off-Topic messages to: silver-off-topic-l...@eskimo.com The Silver List
and Off Topic List archives are currently down... List maintainer: Mike Devour