Yes, if the output to the electrodes is over 27 volts DC
It takes a long time, conductivity doesn't rise [it's an actual colloid] so an "Auto Off" and a meter is useless.
You can see that you DID make some with a laser and TE by sight.
 I never was able to detect any flavor.
 Shelf live is about 2 weeks as it oxidizes into a greenish grey sediment.

 Plain old house wire is very pure copper.

I suppose that 3 or 4 nine V batteries snapped together and some copper house wire in distilled water will work as well as anything else.
BUT..do read up on "Copper Toxicity"

If you load up on Copper, it stands to reason that Silver retention would increase as well as they both use the same elimination system and over using it can deplete the resources.

ode