Hello Brooks.  On another list there's a huge discussion of encapsulating C
via your method.  A couple people have been doing it with great success (as
far as product turnout) but there's been a couple questions on what is
really happening.

So they've 'elected' me to ask you--because I'm on this list and they aren
t--about the testing your group did that 'proves' the C is really being
encapsulated.

Samala,
Renee

Here's their post as to what they thought about testing, and wondered what
your group did for testing:

ARE WE ENCAPSULATING OR KIDDING OURSELVES
<!--[endif]-->
These are ideas to measure what we are doing and you all can
Refine as we go along as I am just thinking out loud and may

1.  Weight measure both the C and the Lecithin
2.  Make home brew
3.  Centrifuge the home brew in test tubes to give you a
    Liquid top and a solids bottom
4.  Pour off any liquid on top of solids and save
5.  Either vacuum distill the solids or heat by putting in a
    Low temp oven the test tubes out of the centrifuge to
    Drive off any remaining moisture.  You could even hold
    The test tubes up against a light bulb and drive off the
    Moisture if you were careful not to get the solids hot.
    Weigh the solids to see what you have left that should be
    Encapsulated C/lecithin combo.
6.  Vacuum distill or put on Pyrex pan and drive off water to
    See if you have a lot of residue.  If so, does it look
    Like lecithin and ascorbic acid mix.  If it does, is the
    Lecithin fluffy enough after you stir the mix awhile to
    Blow around on the mix and blow the lecithin off to one
    Side and leave the crystals of ascorbic acid behind.  If
    so, then you should have a really good feel for the
    Amount of ascorbic acid you started with and what you are
    Looking at in the Pyrex as well as how much lecithin you
    Started with and what is now left.  If you can "blow
    Separate" the two, you may be able to weigh what is left

I have the equipment to do all of this but it may be awhile

Even if we know the encapsulation efficiency,  we still do
Not have a clue of whether it is bioavailable compared to the
Commercial as we are relying on "feel good" and I feel good
After drinking Gray Goose Vodka and it has not been Lipo
Encapsulated.