Speaking of Dr. Higa, whom I met once -- a very nice man -- I strongly recommend the English translations of his brilliant books, Earth Saving Revolution, Volumes One and Two. These have been among the most influential books in my life, and I'm not a scientist. Higa writes in a manner accessible to the layperson, without condescension or "dumbing down" the subject matter. Like many very bright men and women, he uses plain language to convey important ideas. Higa's involved in medical research with EM as well. In the USA his products and books are available from a company called Sustainable Community Development, whose owner studied with Higa in Okinawa.