Dear Dee,

> I got a strange email from Medwith J Robert with something about
> caveats, which started doing a 'loading' thingy so I deleted it.  Has
> anyone else had this?  dee

As you saw looking at Robert's e-mail address, he's posting from a
military/government system. The small attachment you received was an
encryption key that system uses to confirm to other users of the system
that he's who he says he is.

Apparently your e-mail setup is configured to scarf such a signature
and add it to your local keyring automatically. There ought not to be
any harm in that, other than a little lost disk space.

And just think! You'll be able to send Bob an encrypted e-mail any time
you want to! What a neat feature, huh?

In any case, with the help of another member, I am working on revisions
to the list setup that will eliminate any such incidents in the future
as well as improve several other things that are lacking at present.

I won't predict the delivery date, however! <GRIN>

Peace,

Mike D.

Archives: