At 04:48 AM 2/23/2010, you wrote:
I've given up with her Marshall - she thinks if they are 'allowed' to sell it then it must be allright! dee
If you mean diet sodas with aspartame, I have to say it doesn't bother me. People who are sensitive to it should not use it, but then that applies to everything. I don't get any adverse effects from it nor does my husband, and from all the scare stories I've read about aspartame, he should be either dead or crippled in a wheelchair by now, and nothing remotely adverse has happened to him. For those who do need to avoid sugar but would like something a bit sweet from time to time, it is better tasting than any other sweetener that I have tried, even stevia. Though I do use stevia a lot, and have so far confined my aspartame intake to an occasional diet pepsi. The splenda sweetened coke just doesn't taste right. I don't consume a lot of diet pop though. I prefer my decaf coffee and I prefer it unsweetened as I do my decaf tea. But when I need a bit of caffeine, I will have 4 to 8 oz of diet pepsi. sol