I have been using two Canadian Maple coins since day one.I suspend them using
two alligator clip wires from Radio Shack.They are suspended so the metal clips
do not get in the water.,and, I do not use a bubbler now as sometimes the spray
can fly up onto same clips,may have no effect even if it did;??
The coins are each submerged as close to 50% as possible by eye.
The oxide forms equally on all the submerged parts and wear seems to be even.
Have been satisfied so far.
I don't see how you can pound them out on an anvil as contamination is very
likely;at least with any anvil I have ever had dealings with.
Not needed.

Harold