You could go to a glass boiler and rig a condenser to sit on top as they make glass cooking wear but it would take some rigging and you will require more heat than using a stainless. You could go same route with cast iron.

sol wrote:
Harvey Metzler wrote:
Sol:

Distillation is distillation.

Harvey,
Yeah, I know. I'm just super worried about it, because I have such severe reactions.-

Stainless, nickel etc will stay behind in the bottom of the still just like calcium or whatever.

Your super expensive very large industrial stills that make the purist of the pure are stainless steel boilers because you cannot get heat to transfer in glass.

You also do not see glass bottomed rice cookers or same reason.

Run your water out of stainless and let it drip through triple coffee filters loaded with activated charcoal and you get very good water.

You are worrying about body contamination so far down in the mud that every morsel of food you buy and put in your mouth and the air you breathe is far more contaminated.
Though the water from my distiller never bothered me, so far as I know, when I got rid of ALL the non-magnetic SS I had been using, from cooking pots to collander to table ware I gradually lost about half of my reactivity to other substances I get hives and eczema from. Food and air I can't do anything about, and probably the distiller is as you say, a non-issue as the water from mine came out so very pure, and SS cookware is a different issue from a distiller, but............if nickel did leach from the still boiling chamber or from the coil, would it be in a form that is conductive? I suppose it would, but don't have enough real knowledge to be certain of it. I know I didn't want a SS coil, my old still had aluminum coil, and I was fine with that, and please everyone lets don't start another interminable thread on the dangers of aluminum...........been there, done that, don't care.
sol