On 13 May 2010 at 7:47, Christina Mattson wrote about :
Subject : Re: CS>Help for baby's head

> Tony, A few quick questions;
> Do i begin the stroke at the head?
> When i do it from a distance on the adults do i just visualize the same
> motions?
> Thank you so much.
> Tina

Yes Tina,

If you have the baby there then place it in the standard burping position
and stroke from just above the head to just past the feet. You can do a
few strokes on the back of the baby and then lift your hand a bit, so
that you are stroking like that but not touching.

Or you can imagine holding the baby and do the strokes in the air. Or you
can imagine the baby and imagine doing the strokes. [ I do this if there
is a yelling, distressed neighbours child ]

To unruffle an adult I mentally "shrink" the person and then carry on as
above.

OK,
Tony

Archives: