Oh and by the way all those hormones effect thyroid function as well.

Annie

On 6/18/2010 4:27 PM, needling around wrote:
Hi,
If we don't all do something soon there won't be herbals available for anyone to use. As of 4/30/11 the EU will be making them along with homeopathy and other natural tx unavailable. Then it will be the US that will be facing the removal of natural medicines.

If you don't agree with big pharma write your congress people and do it soon!
PT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tara McClintick" <tmcclint...@fuse.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 5:14 PM
Subject: RE: CS>20 things you need to know about serotonin from HealthBookSummaries.com

Thank-you Annie, interesting! Now, besides stress, what causes dopamine to
be too high???

My son is on a small dose of risperdone, out of desperation so that he
didn't destroy our home, or hurt himself or us. As I understand, they
believe rispedone works because it block dopamine reception. I've been
adding lots of serotonin support, and Gaba support but for the OCD (still a
big problem for him and sometimes the trigger of his meltdowns)the doc
wanted to add Prozac too. Instead we are trying St.John's Wort - seems to be
doing great on that so far.  I have passionflower and skullcap next in
line....but I'm curious as to why the dopamine surges started happening
along with puberty - he was never aggressive until about 11-12 years old as the hormones started coming in. I'd love to get that risperdone out of the
picture a.s.a.p but we also have to be able to live together safely.

I wish more docs were trained in the herbals and natural healing, I can't
read these books fast enough!

Tara

Tara McClintick
www.booksbytara.com