I have read that Vit C (ascorbic acid) when mixed with Baking Soda will form
sodium ascorbate that is *supposedly *more absorbable than Vit C.  I read
that Linus Pauling took his Vit C that way.  See sources below.

My questions are:
1. Is this true?
2. If so, how does the absorbability of sodium ascorbate compare to LET-Vit
C?
3. What does the LET-Vit C do that the sodium ascorbate can't do?

Thanks,
SS

Not all forms of vitamin C are created equal. The form of vitamin C taken by
the late 2-time Nobelist Linus Pauling was "*ascorbic acid** *." Pauling
took his ascorbic acid in water and he added some bicarbonate (baking) soda
to make a delicious effervescent drink.
http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/powder.shtml

* *

*THE GUMS CAN BE RECONNECTED TO THE TEETH BY TAKING VITAMIN C (ASCORBIC
ACID)* (1 tsp) with Arm and Hammer baking soda (1/2 tsp) in 1 inch of water,
letting it fizz and then diluting to 1/2 to 1 cup with water, then drinking.
The  resulting SODIUM ASCORBATE is non-acid, very pure and a thousand times
more soluble than vitamin C. SODIUM ASCORBATE IS MORE REACTIVE THAN ASCORBIC
ACID (C) in building connective tissue and antibody structures and more
effective in killing some viruses and bacteria.  *Good Teeth, Birth to
Death,  Dr. Gerard F. Judd, Ph.D.,  Chemist, Researcher for 18 years,
Professor of Chemistry for 33 yrs.*