Here is a link to an old article about the diatherm

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/11/22/what-you-should-know-about-diathermy/

Elizabeth Williams
belzi...@hotmail.com

From: zzekel...@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 22:04:41 -0400
Subject: Re: CS>Diatherm system
To: silver-list@eskimo.com

In a message dated 7/20/2010 8:07:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stephen.nor...@ngc.com writes:

I ran across an antique medical device labeled a Portable Diatherm. I consists
of two typewriter size cases and appears to be an RF type diathermy machine.
From what I can gather it uses RF to generate localized heating in the tissues
and is used for healing. It has a variable capacitor adjustment like you would
see on an old radio, an output meter and three things that might be spark gap
gaps (?).
Anyone know anything about diathermy machines? Is there any value to trying to
get this one to work? Would it be any better than IR LEDs?
Thanks,
     Steve

Hi Steve, maybe check with bG on the --germkiller sign in   site... It is the
one with godzilla... & bG is very helpful & might just know what it is & how it
works...Keep us posted...Lois
Hotmail.