Thanks, but the are not fleas they are flies.
PT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Garnet_LDN" <garnet_...@austin.rr.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 8:40 PM
Subject: Re: CS>animals - OT

Can she turn some chickens or guineas out where the horses are picking up the fleas?

There are beneficial nematodes that will kill the flea larvae but the soil has be to kept moist.

Dusting sulfur might help but I am not sure if it would bother the horses, they rub their legs a lot with their mouth and face.

Vinegar in the drinking water might help.

Janet

needling around wrote:
Thanks. She has already done that, that's why I wrote. There is nothing working.
PT