Eating 500 calories a day would cause you to lose 20 lbs in 23 days without HCG, some of that is going to be water as electrolytes are lost from such a restricted diet, the body will not be able to hold the water in the tissues. It sounds very dangerous. Electrolyte imbalance can lead to heart failure.
Janet

Sandy wrote:

    From what I've read about this diet your hair falls out by the
    hand full and I'm just not up for that I do not care how over
    weight I was. I've also read of complaints about the wrinkles from
    such fast weight loss.

    I'm wondering how lasting the effects of this diet are? Do you
    gain most of the weight back once you're off of it? 500 calories a
    day is not a healthy way to lose weight in my opinion.

    Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but I caution any who try
    this diet to research it thoroughly.

    Sandy

        ----- Original Message -----
        *From:* Nancy Venzon </mc/compose?to=nven...@yahoo.com>
        *To:* silver-list@eskimo.com
        </mc/compose?to=silver-l...@eskimo.com>
        *Sent:* Sunday, August 01, 2010 10:06 PM
        *Subject:* Re: CS>Was: Dr. Simeon's hCG Diet; Is: homeopathic
        HCG link

        Just caught this thread....How timely, Tomorrow I will have
        just finished my 1st round of the HcG diet.It lasts for 23
        days by taking .36 cc homeopathically for 1 bottle 23 days. I
        lost 20 lbs in the 23 days. It was amazing as I do not lose
        easily. I was not hungry nor hyper on it. The instructions say
        to go on a maintenance diet for the next 3 weeks then you
        wait  some time before starting another round if you need to.
        Facebook has a good supportive group. It is very strict and
        restrictive but you are just not hungry. I did a lot of
        reading and psyching myself up to start it and am glad I did.
        I feel great. The only days I did not lose was days when I had
        cheated while out socially with friends, that is your downfall
the social aspect of eating.