Neville,

You write:

> ... I know two women who swear by EIS/CS...
>
> They drag out an old battery unit, 250-300ml glass of rainwater, 3-5
> minutes brewing {analysed at 40+ppm} drinking it straight down
> immediately after brewing...issue 'terminated'.  They *may* make and
> take a second glass at the end of the day, to be sure, to be sure.

I met a couple, farmers, who took a daily glass of CS made using a
'pinch of salt' as 'starter' in a home made 3-nines generator, and did
this for several years. They learned about CS during the run-up to Y2K,
and followed exactly instructions that were widely disseminated on
survival-related sites back then.

Those of you who remember that period will recall that we were actively
trying to get the word out to people that the no-salt, lower
concentration approach to making CS was as effective and much safer.

Well, we were right. When I met these folks in '06, they were both
suffering from a cosmetically obvious case of argyria on their faces
and hands. She had a mask-like discoloration on the lower half of her
face, his was more uniform.

Given their occupation, one expects they both get a lot of sun. Other
issues, like local soil selenium content and dietary habits can also
affect excretion of metals, increasing the risk of argyria.

But the bottom line is, you might want to suggest to them, Neville,
that they should not use that kind of CS on a daily basis but only when
needed, just as you described that they do now, and be sure they have
an adequate amount of selenium and vitamin E in their diet or
supplement program.

Be well,

Mike D.

Archives: