If I have some previously prepared ionic copper, can I just add the citric acid like with the silver? Or will that not work the same?

Annie

On 8/7/2010 1:00 PM, Norton, Steve wrote:
Just buy a short piece of electrical copper wire used for house wiring. It has
a high purity.

  - Steve N

----- Original Message -----
From: AnnieBSmythe<anniebsmy...@gmail.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com<silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sat Aug 07 12:50:22 2010
Subject: EXTERNAL:Re: CS>Steve Norton and copper, silver, citrate solution

Steve, where can I find the right copper electrodes, please?

Annie

On 8/4/2010 3:50 PM, Norton, Steve wrote:
Here is a method following the patent's described process:

Put 1/8 to1/4 cup of citric acid in 1 liter of water. Run current
through silver electrodes in the citric acid same as you would for
colloidal silver until you reach 50 ppm. Use the Faraday calculator (see
below) to estimate the silver ppm. You will get higher currents if you
do not have a current limiter due to the high conductivity of the citric
acid solution but that is not a problem because the silver ions bind
quickly with the citric acid to form silver citrate, e.g. no
agglomeration problems. Add potassium carbonate, to get a pH of 5.5.
Replace the silver electrodes with copper electrodes and do the same
till you get the desired concentration (400 ppm) of copper citrate. Then
adjust the pH of the solution to between 2.5 and 3.5 using additional
citric acid.

The Faraday calculator is available at:
http://www.silvermedicine.org/faradaycalculator.html.
To use the Faraday calculator you will need a digital multi-meter to
measure the current passing through the electrodes. This link shows how
to measure the current: http://www.atlasnova.com/CSMakingInfo.htm.
For this application two 9 volt batteries wired to the electrodes will
be ok to use since current limiting is not an issue. For the copper
electrodes just use any copper wire.

I make silver citrate regularly and it is very easy. If you are in a
hurry and have a local beer/wine makers supply store you should be able
to get citric acid and potassium carbonate there, although maybe not at
the lowest price.

I am not sure that the potassium carbonate is necessary but it is in the
formula used in the patent.

- Steve N