  From: needling around
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 9:09 AM
  Subject: CS>anti-microbial???

  Hi,
  This is a question for Steve and some of the other chemists on the list...

  I have read about and been advised to keep my toothbrushes in an
antimicrobial between use.  The general advise is something like Listerine but
I don't really like that so I have used peroxide for a long time.  I recently
switched to CS.  Evidently toothbrushes are *seething* (mild hyperbole) with
microbes that just keep reinfecting the mouth and the mouth is one place for
focal infections that keep the immune system challenged.

  My question is, "If I mix CS and 3% H2O2 will that increase the germ fighting
capability of the liquid or create a whole new chemical that will do something
totally different and perhaps not desirable?"

  Thanks for any guidance you can give.
  PT

  PS:  another good way to sanitize the toothbrush is to put it in the
dishwasher every few days when you run it up.