On 29 Aug 2010 at 10:38, Deborah Gerard wrote about :
Subject : Re: CS>CS rectally-pets-saving live

<snipped>

I did a search of the Silver List Archives for 'parvo brooks' and among
other hits found this one below which is a re-post By Hanneke of Brooks
post.

[ Instead of lactated Ringers solution, my sister, farmer, in
emergencies, used a rough and ready rehydrating solution of 1 teaspoon
each of sugar, salt and bicarb in a litre warm water.

OK
Tony

http://www.mail-archive.com/silver-list@eskimo.com/msg123084.html

Re: CS>CS for Dog Parvo...Brooks Bradley's protocol. Hope this helps

Hanneke
Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:29:37 -0700

PARVOVIRUS
Parvo protocol Brooks Bradley

Dear Dog-Loving List Members.

A very recent incident involving a long-time friend of mine, has re-
kindled my interest in posting a protocol which has proved to be quite
efficacious (as an ancillary protocol) in treating young puppies exposed
to Parvo.

The original protocol was discovered quite serendipitously, by my wife,
some 18 years ago.

It utilizes the simple expedient of introducing balanced fluid
electrolytes (Lactated Ringer's or Gatorade) into the system of puppies
undergoing the severe dehydration normally associated with this disorder.
Since puppies, almost universally, refuse to drink when this condition
manifests, the alternative my wife chose was to administer Gatorade, via
a rectal-entry (enema). She used Gatorade, undiluted, warmed to body
temperature and directly out of the container.

The first subject was a male German Sheppard puppy, 6 weeks of age. She
administered approximately 4 ounces per treatment, every 6 hours----day
and night----for four days. The pup lived, to become one of our dearest
family members and enlivened our lives immensely for the next 15 years.
His two litter-mates died after receiving conventional hospitalization,
antibiotics, sulfa, etc.

Since we had, already, spent about $800. on their unsuccessful treatment
and this pup was closer to morbidity than the other two she theorized the
situation to be, essentially, hopeless and opted for this unconventional
(at that time) treatment.

During the ensuing years, we have passed this protocol on to dozens of
our friends and associates with essentially universally positive results.
This protocol buys enough time and delays renal shut-down long enough for
ancillary treatments to be effective. In the case of our pup, NO OTHER
protocol was involved.

This brings me to the case at-hand. My friend had a young puppy who was
not responding to any of the conventional treatments; after being treated
by a large-animal veterinarian who had made a 60 mile drive to his remote
ranch in northern Nevada. Later, after a lengthy telephone conversation,
with the vet stating that the pup would probably expire before he could
return, my friend's wife called me, for solace more than treatment
advice. During our telephone conversation I suggested Ringer's Lactate
(which they keep on hand for normal cattle treatments) 75% by volume,
mixed with Colloidal Silver, 25% by volume; administered as an enema -
essentially following my wife's 18 year old protocol. The puppy was able
to stand, weakly, within 12 hours and could move about with some
stability within 24 hours and was fully functional within 72 hours
following the initial treatment.

I believe knowledge of this proven, successful, protocol may be of value
to anyone confronted with a parvo circumstance, in puppies most
especially.

Some parvo strains are exceptionally virulent and very rapid-acting, thus
greatly limiting the response-time window for effective treatment.

I hope this information may be of value to some of you.

Sincerely.  Brooks Bradley.