I am new to this list and so would like to familiarize you as to my condition
and use of colloidal silver.  My name is Gene Downey and I live in Des
Moines, Iowa.  I have been disabled with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis for 3
years.  I have been on 02 24/7 for this period of time.  I have not been on
conventional drugs for most of this time after much study and research into
them.  I have come to believe that their side effects and related problems
are worst in my case than the help they can give.
With this disease I have lung capacity and diffusion problems.  We have the
tendency to get infections of the sinuses and upper respiratory system.  In
times past I have had serious infections and started to use colloidal silver
solution in a nebulizer to help me keep going till other systemic treatments
like some antibiotics can be found.  The thing about colloidal silver that I
likes was the fact that it effects such a wide base of organisms.  This seems
to allow it to cover more bases that most other forms of treatments.  But it
has helped me in times of need with these problems.
I wish to pass on something I have learned.  I need 02 most of the time
anyway so I have learned to get a denser atomization of the silver into my
lungs.  I do this by using an 02 pressure regulator set at 20 PSI on an 02
tank.  This amount of pressure seems to work very well.  I also extend the
end of the nebulizer to the rear of the mouth.  I have found that if you put
a tube on the other end of the nebulizer, that one can use it to store up the
cloud between breathes.  Also, if you put your finger over the end on the
tube and start to draw a breath first, then release the finger, you get a
higher velocity to carry the cloud deeper into the lung.
But I have a few questions to ask.  One is, how is this silver taken up
through the tissues?  Is it totally absorbed into the system and circulated
thought out the body?  Is there any build up in the lung area from repeated
use say of a couple of times a day?  How is this metal eliminated from the
body?  By that I mean is it eliminated through the liver, kidneys, or what?
What has been done in research about its effect on the body as a metal when
we hear so much about detrimental effects of other metals on the body?
Another area I would like to hear some information on is its effect on the
bacterial content of the digestive system.  How does it effect the needed
bacteria of the intestines?  I have tried to deliver it directly to the
infected area so as to avoid this problem and to have it at its strongest
concentration in the area it is needed in.
I wish to thank all of you that can help me with this line of discovery
before hand.  I have not found this information in any of my research so far.
 I am also a user of herbs and the like also.  One learns to use all ones
weapons in a fight like this one.  There is no cure for this fatal disease
and really little is known.  I am on a TX list for a lung and so far that is
really the only help offered.  And it has many pitfalls also.

Gene Downey