  From: Frank
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 11:44 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>Need some ideas, please

  Hi MaryAnn I had a son who suffered and died from epilepsy. There are a
number of medical anti-epileptic medications that may help him.
  Having said that I encourage you to explore diet and food sensitivities.
These two elements are known to trigger seizures. For instance, a very low carb
diet reduces seizures (either frequency or intensity or both). Protein in mad
of amino-acids which are of two types. Excitatory and inhibitory. For instance
Glutamic is excitatory and glycine is inhibitory. Foods that contain high
amounts of excitatory aminos should also be avoided. There is a strong
connection between food sensitiveness, allergies etc to seizure provocation.
Have him avoid foods such as wheat and dairy, Monosodium glutamate, strong
spices, synthetic colorants, etc that may lead to irritation of the neurons.
Try the Coca test as an easy way of determining which foods he is allergic to
and eliminate them from the diet.
  make sure he is always hydrated and supply him a good electrolyte balance.
  Use magnesium, tryptophan, chamomile tea and all calming herbs and avoid
coffee sodas, that contain caffeine and other stimulants.
  Seizures always occur in brains in which oxygenation is marginal. try
exercise or at least avoid long sittings and periods of inactivity.
  Take care
  Frank