Another suggestion for you, Melly...

If you've started to get enough plating out of silver on the inside of
the jar that it might be lowering the resistance seen by the power
supply and boosting the current to unreasonable levels... you should be
able to remove it by rinsing the jar with hydrogen peroxide.

Just a dollop of the standard stuff from the drug store, followed with
a few swishes of distilled, should eliminate any conductive coating
from the inside of the jar. Repeat occasionally.

Best of luck to you.

Mike D.

> MaryAnn, Ode and Dee,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Ok, i will keep my electrodes further, bend the  ends also. I have also
> cut a new wire to make it longer.  I have a timer already set by Utopia.
>   I will try again. I did not have this problems before.  Would the
> thickness/gauge of the wire make a difference?  I am using a gauge 10
> now, pretty thick.  The new cut wire is gauge 14.   Thanks for your
> assistance.   Melly
>
> --- On Fri, 10/15/10, silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com
> <silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com> wrote:
>

> From: silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com