--- On Mon, 11/15/10, Sandy <hollis302...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Sandy <hollis302...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: CS>pineapple sauerkraut
Date: Monday, November 15, 2010, 8:45 PM

You can get a piece of dowel [make sure it's good and smooth] and pound the
cabbage and pineapple in a wide mouth jar, carefully. I will add some cabbage,
pineapple and a bit of salt and pound it real good then add some more and do
the same until it's filled almost to the top.

Actually I use a big wooden plunger type thing that came with a jelly making
kit but a piece of dowel would do the same thing.

I'm afraid we all take so much for granted when we're younger and it's not
until we're older that we see what we've overlooked in our youth but it becomes
an adventure discovering it all over again.

I make fried cabbage and noodles which my children refused to touch when they
were younger. Now however, when they come over and I have made it they devour
it and ask me why I never cooked it when they lived at home...LOL. Life is a
circle...no?

Good luck with your pineapple sauerkraut, I know you'll love it.

Sandy