From: Renee [mailto:gaiac...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:04 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Vetericyn and Microcyn

The base problem is figuring out WHY the dog is licking the foot?  Pain?
Arthritis?  Something embedded under the skin?  Allergy?  Then address that.

MMS does make hypochlorous acid, but there's no way to determine how much is
being made.  There are many good external things you can apply to kill
pathogens--like aloe vera, sugar or honey, diluted MMS, tea tree oil, etc.
Clearing the infection is going to be the easiest part--figuring out why the
dog keeps licking the foot will be the hard part.  It may be that they'll
have to keep that part of the foot covered.  Some dogs eventually get into a
habit of foot licking which is hard to break.

I had a dog that did it in the spring.  There was something growing that he
was allergic to.  Oddly though, he only licked one foot!  But the pads of
the foot, and between the toes, was always red and raw from licking.  I kept
aloe on it, along with Vit. E, and would keep it wrapped.  Then when summer
came, I could undo the wrapping and he'd leave the foot alone.  Next spring,
same thing.  My dog had long hair so I had to always trim all that hair
between the toes to get the cream down to the skin.

Samala,

Renee