Any time you contaminate CS you likely make photo-reactive compounds.
Hummingbirds also eat bugs and seeds..then hang out at the energy bar.

ode

At 11:29 AM 3/21/2011 -0400, you wrote:
We put up a humming bird feeder last week. Normally you have to change the sugar water in it every couple of days because it will ferment. I figured that if I used colloidal silver to make the sugar water, it should not ferment. I was surprised that shortly after making the nectar it turned somewhat dark, like there was aggregation of the silver. However, even after 5 days, it is still in suspension, so I am somewhat confused. Also I am concerned that it might cause problems for the humming bird, if it kills the bacteria necessary for digestion. I think others have given CS to their birds without any problem, but since a hummingbird eats nectar almost exclusively, their digestion might be more like a honeybee than most birds.

Any comments?

Marshall