From: PT Ferrance <ptf2...@bellsouth.net>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Tue, April 12, 2011 8:10:34 AM
Subject: CS>European Union - Off Topic

Hello,
To all our EU listees I have been asked to pass this along.  It comes from a
list of both conventional and alternative medical practitioners who do not wish
to see the freedom of choice compromised.  Since it affects this list I hope
doing so does not create a problem.  I apologize if it does...

"Dear Clan, Friends, and Colleagues

If you do NOT live in EU, or if you have signed the petition (see
below), please ignore this mail. But, please consider forwarding this
to friends within the EU and who value freedom of choice in their use
of complementary medicines and health supplements.

As from 30th April, 2011, EU Legislation (THMPD Directive) will ban
the sale and use of unlicensed herbal, homeopathic and other natural
medicines within the EU.

Importation, possession, sale or dispensing of unlicensed medicines
or health supplements to clients or patients (or even for personal
use) will be criminalised.

On conviction or indictment for breaching the THMPD Directive, such
"criminals" will face severe fines, including imprisonment for up to
3 years.

A petition has been launched to allow EU citizens who want freedom of
choice in their use of complementary medicines and  supplements to
appeal to the EU Authorities to amend the THMPD legislation to allow
such freedom. You can sign the petition at
http://www.savenaturalhealth.eu/sign.php

As background, please see http://www.savenaturalhealth.eu/ - a most
informative video that sets the scene. Basically, BigPharma - with
multi-billion annual sales - wants to eliminate all competition from
complementary medicines.

If you want freedom of choice, please SIGN the petition immediately
at http://www.savenaturalhealth.eu/sign.php and pass the word to all
who may want to stop UNELECTED  bureaucrats from allowing BigPharma to
monopolise the sale of remedies and health supplements within EU.

We have very little time left to make our voices heard.

Best regards,
Phil"