Dear Bob,

I'm the person who used the word attack for your "rebuke" of Lew. I
apologize and agree with you that rebuke is a more appropriate word than
attack. Thank you for educating me and I am mortally embarrassed at having
looked stupid or worse. My brain is usually engaged, when not fogged, when I
open my mouth and I choose my words carefully when writing to this list.

However, my letter to Lew was written to him privately and late at night
with no thought for carefulness in my words, since they were meant only for
him. Unfortunately, he responded by posting on the list his answers to my
private questions and unwittingly made public my careless choice of words. I
have been worried since I re-read the post that you would be offended, and I
am sorry if it is so. I actually think your interchange with each other has
been very interesting and informative and I was very glad it happened.

I'm now checking my walls for red stuff -- I don't see any, so I guess I
have been rebuked -- not attacked -- so now I am going to sit down and try
to figure out what is right or wrong in the first degree of Obligations
under Moral Affections.

Anyhow, glad I provided you with something to laugh about -- and sorry if it
offended you.

I always enjoy a great deal reading your posts and learning from them.

Blessings on you too.
Katarina