I ingested an ounce of CS a day for 7 years without any fingernail coloration. But several years ago I ingested 1 to 2 quarts a day after being bit by a tick and getting the rash that shows infection by lyme. After two weeks the moons showed up. My wife who got very sick did the same thing, ingested quarts of cs and also get the gray moons. My son also did it as well, but not as badly as my wife and I since he had been warned to watch his nails and drop the amount of cs if they start turning gray. As far as the toenails are concerned, my big toe and long toe show blue moons, but my 3 smallest ones don't that I can see. But I am getting too old to be able to pull my foot up in front of my face like when I was young. I am not sure what you are saying about sunlight, that has absolutely nothing to do with silver accumulation in the nail and bed, that only applies to the skin as I have explained several times before.

What we have eaten or drunk at the time they turned gray was no different than what was eaten and drunk prior to and after they turned blue, except for my wife, who had the flu or a stomach virus when she took the big dosages, for her she was not eating or drinking anything much at all.

But I would much rather have the blue moons than the herpes 1 I lived with the previous 40 years.

Marshall