Tad,

I have elevated BP. It hovers around 145/84 give or take a few points. My cardiologist recommended I take meds to bring it down (I'm 61, in great health, run 10 miles a week, eat an organic mostly vegetarian diet and my total cholesterol is 129). I started taking ubiquinol (CoQ10) 100mg a day plus 1500mg olive leaf extract (oleorupein) and two T flax oil. After a week on this protocol my BP averages 137/78 give or take.

Bob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tad Winiecki" <winie...@pacifier.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 3:43 AM
Subject: Re: CS>High Blood Pressure

Someone on here recommended Mukta Vati, Ayurvedic formula, for HBP. I got 2 bottles from Amazon and took only 2 tablets a day at bedtime (1/2 recommended dose), BP started at 160/90, started dropping, ordered another 60 tablets from ebay (direct from India) much cheaper, tablets actually made better, stronger taste, individually bubble-wrapped. BP came out at 116/74 after 2 1/2 months. Also I encapsulated Gotu Kola and Black Haw powder which I took at bedtime as well as 10 mg Melatonin and Bacopa capsules. 3-4 months after I ran out of the ebay Mukta Vati I eventually tested out at 150/84. It is supposed to be a permanent fix after 1- 1 1/2 years... So I ordered another formula from India, on ebay, Medha Vati, which also has a few same ingredients to Mukta Vati but is supposed to be more for memory loss; and also insomnia, which I have had chronically since childhood. I also started making tea at bedtime of Skullcap, Vervain, and sometimes White Willow Bark, continued Melatonin and Bacopa, and also still take the Gotu Kola capsules at night, when I wake up. I also stopped taking all my other usual herbs which I had taken at bedtime for years and try to take them early in the day. I started sleeping much better, when I woke up 2-3 times at night I would go back to sleep right away instead of lying awake for hours! A big surprise was also when I went and took my BP and it was 114/67!

So, I will keep taking the Medha Vati as long as necessary and also am ordering some Liv 52 for liver function. The Medha Vati has had some success with ADHD and also epilepsy in some reports. I can't believe I'm sleeping better.:-)

Nancy