Teabags for sunburn .... yes..  Just moisten new teabags, (I like the
family size and always keep a saucer close by with some water in it)
keep dabbing on the sunburned area and make sure the 'juice' is plenty
dark as you apply. Let dry and reapply every hour or so.  It seems to
take the heat/pain out of the sunburn and helps it turn a beautiful
tan color.  I used this on my daughter for years & years.  It worked
great.  There might be a spot or two more sunburned than the rest that
might remain a little painful but, all in all, it was an inexpensive,
effective remedy.  Lola

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Neville Munn <one.red...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, as a matter of fact I had fairly severe sun or wind burn on my legs a
> couple years ago, and quite painfull.
>
> FWIW:
> Used an amber coloured solution in spray bottle and sprayed on legs as often
> as remembered.
> Continued for 4 days. I failed to note pain level throughout all this
> unfortunately, but legs were 'tanning?' already, and tanning *brown* that
> is, not blue.
> Day 7, redness practically gone, no water blisters apparant.
> Day 15, legs started to peel.
> Day 20, peeling in earnest now.
> Around day 28, last remnants of skin peeling.  Haven't had sun or wind burn
> for quite a while, but I thought peeling process took rather a long time.
>
>  The interesting thing that was very noticable:
> Natural dead skin loss only.  Could not manually peel skin from any area
> where the skin was not already dead, it broke before peeling from areas that
> was not ready to be peeled.  From memory, one could peel skin and expose
> tender red/raw skin which is tender to the touch, could not do that this
> time.  Only skin that was dead was able to be removed manually.
>
> My conclusion:
> With the EIS/CS treatment, I believe it assisted the repair, or
> 'preparation' if you like, of the underlying skin before the dead skin was
> able to come away thus exposing new skin to the elements only when time
> appropriate.
>
> Oh, and my legs are still normal skin colour 2 1/2 years later.
>
> N.
> ________________________________
> Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 08:10:43 -1000
> From: papad...@gmail.com
> To: silver-list@eskimo.com
> Subject: CS>sun burn
>
> I have  a friend who over exposed herself
> on the beach & sunburned her legs badly.
> I gave her some CS water, but it didn't help.
> Does anyone on the list have any
> home remedies for sunburn ?
> Thanks,
> Smitty