Jonathan,

     Forgive me, but what is EM.   Thanks.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan B. Britten" <jbrit...@nakamura-u.ac.jp>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 8:23 PM
Subject: CS>Bioremediation at Fukushima

Some members, particularly Brooks Bradley, are familiar with the Essential Microorganisms (EM) of Terao Higa, PhD. The proprietor of a local EM shop told me today that volunteers in Fukushima area are experimenting with EM on contaminated crops. He said blueberries went from 20,000 becquerels down to 5,000, a 75% drop. I don't know the details.

He also said people volunteering in that area are suffering from throat problems, which I took to be due to radiation, but am not sure. If I get more details I'll pass them along. Incidentally, these volunteers consume EM themselves.

Incidentally, most of the news in the corporate press regarding this disaster is, to put it mildly, inadequate. There have been at least three melt-downs and apparently a total melt-through in at least in one instance; some experts fear that radiation is actually moving down through the earth toward groundwater. Given the sugar-coating in the "mainstream" news to date, this is certainly possible. Japanese people are deeply skeptical of government reports, and I think some major changes are ahead for Japan, but that's all off-topic.

Archives: