From: Jonathan B. Britten [mailto:jbrit...@nakamura-u.ac.jp]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 11:23 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>Bioremediation at Fukushima

Some members, particularly Brooks Bradley, are familiar with the Essential
Microorganisms  (EM) of Terao Higa, PhD.  The proprietor of a local EM shop
told me today that volunteers in Fukushima area are experimenting with EM on
contaminated crops.  He said blueberries went from 20,000 becquerels down to
5,000, a 75% drop.  I don't know the details.

He also said people volunteering in that area are suffering from throat
problems, which I took to be due to radiation, but am not sure.  If I get
more details I'll pass them along.    Incidentally, these volunteers consume
EM themselves.

Incidentally, most of the news in the corporate press regarding this
disaster is, to put it mildly, inadequate.  There have been at least three
melt-downs and apparently a total melt-through in at least in one instance;
some experts fear that radiation is actually moving down through the earth
toward groundwater.   Given the sugar-coating in the "mainstream" news to
date, this is certainly possible.   Japanese people are deeply skeptical of
government reports, and I think some major changes are ahead for Japan, but
that's all off-topic.

Archives:

-----
No virus found in this message.