Yes, I am following Mike's forum.  I don't see any difference as to whether
or not tarnish has sulfur.  The point is this:

When you do his process of running electrolysis between an aluminum strip
and both of the silver electrodes, he says he sees the silver get visibly
cleaner, and a thin film of something appears on the surface of the
distilled water.  I think this is a few hour process.  Then when he takes
off the power, the conductance of the water is still the same as the
original distilled water, meaning no ions have been added.  Though it would
be nice to know what is happening in detail,  that is still pretty strong
observational evidence that some contaminants are being removed, I think.

~David