Recently heard some interesting info on sulfur on Mercola's site.
Apparenty the vitamin D you get from sunshine is "sulfated" and the vitamin
D you ingest may not be able to become so.  There may be a disconnect in
vitamin D research because of this.  Also sulfur, vitamin D, and
cholesterol all have some connection.  It was and over-my-head interview,
but the take-aways I got were to supplement sulfur and to try to get most
of your vitamin D from sun exposure.

David