Well, it depends on the form of the silver. If you swallow a silver dollar, that is 1,000,000 ppm, but will not give you argyria. Apparently he is doing the marketing, and is purchasing it from a manufacturer who will not tell him how it is made. He said he has done tests on it, and found that the only two things it contains are silver and water. I would have normally expected such a high ppm silver to be either msp, or silver compounds, such as silver nitrate or citrate. But if it is accurate that there are no other elements other than water and silver, then it must be either virtually 100% colloid (mfg likely by sputtering under a non-reactive gas blanket), or vacuum reduction of EIS to high ppm.

If it is 100% colloid, I would have to agree, it could not cause argyria, since argyria is caused by silver compounds reducing on particles in the skin, but colloid is already particle, and cannot be further reduced. If it is made by volume reduction, then what we have there would be colloidal silver particles clumped together with silver oxide "glue". In that case one drop of his product would be equivalent to 360 drops of EIS or slightly over half an ounce of 10 ppm EIS. In that case it would be possible to take really large amounts of the equivalent of 10 ppm EIS.

Unfortunately with full information on what his product is, it is hard to say how likely it is it would cause argyria.

Marshall

On 12/2/2011 6:37 PM, Jason R Eaton wrote:
Hi all:
...with a silver product of 3600 PPM and a claim that such a product cannot cause argyria (which is not true), he has opened himself up to a whole host of problems, sadly, especially since he claims that it is impossible to get argyria with his product. On his website under lab reports, he says "Impossible to get argyria". I don't know anybody credible that would testify that it is impossible to get argyria with a 3600 PPM product.
~Jason
----- Original Message -----

    *From:* David AuBuchon <mailto:aubuchon.da...@gmail.com>
    *To:* silver-list@eskimo.com <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>
    *Sent:* Friday, December 02, 2011 14:58
    *Subject:* Re: CS>Argyria

    She has actually sued already?

    He himself could also himself present the evidence of doses of EIS
    that don't cause argyria, and then note how the recommended use on
    his product falls way below that.  The EPA study and the Indian
    diet of silver foil on sweets are the two relevant things.  Also,
    he could argue that since argyria develops gradually, why did she
    not stop much sooner when she first noticed the argyria.

    Maybe that doctor could testify?

    Hopefully he knows enough to show that argyria caused historically
    by other types of silver does not apply to EIS, as would certainly
    come up in the case.

    On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Marshall <mdud...@king-cart.com