what's so outrageous about that article?
what he said is generally true, a mere synopsis of the conventional wisdom.
didn't endorse it, didn't condemn it.  pointed out possible side effects per
the usual.
leaves it up to the reader to realize that it also hasn't been proven Unsafe
or Ineffective.... otherwise didn't try to be particularly scary.
maybe exaggerated how CS mfgrs make all these health claims... it's more
like many mfgrs would if they could, & do indirectly as best they can, but
actually are prevented from doing so by law/gov't fairly effectively.